Tuesday February 21th was Mardi Gras or Fat Tuesday.
- last night of eating richer, fatty foods before the ritual fasting of the Lenten season, which begins on Ash Wednesday (46 days before Easter)
- in English the day is sometimes referred to as Shrove Tuesday, from the word shrive, meaning “confess”
- In the United Kingdom and Ireland, the week before Ash Wednesday is called shrovetide, ending on Shrove Tuesday
- Pancakes are a traditional food
- Popular practices for this time of Carnaval are: wearing masks and costumes, dancing, sports competitions, parades, etc
Did you celebrate ?